- This event has passed.
Seeing the Forest for the Queers
June 29 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The intent of this event is to create a safe space for community and empowerment among people who identify with the LGBTQIA+ community within the natural resource fields. We will share ground rules, offer some personal reflections, and create space for safe discussions.
This event welcomes professionals and students within forestry and natural resources who identify with the LGBTQIA+ community.
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
7:00-8:30 p.m. ET / 6:00-7:30 pm CT / 5:00-6:30 pm MT / 4:00-5:30 pm PT
To register, visit https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvd-ygrDgjE9V8vaov0bQyFSf_Nk8YgZaQ.
– Welcome and introduction
– Participant introductions and icebreaker
– Creation of ground rules
– Sharing experiences
– Assessing community needs
There will be an opportunity to share your story. We recognize that participants may want to remain anonymous. If you would like to share your story anonymously during the event, please email email@example.com. An event host will read it aloud for you. A few questions you might want to answer in storytelling may be:
– If you are out at work, how has your identity impacted your experience working?
– What challenges have you had to overcome?
– How were you able to find support? And, where do you find support now?
1. Respect the privacy of others; what is said here stays here
2. Act in kindness
3. Take responsibility to learn
Note: If a host believes you are intentionally trying to cause harm, you will be removed from the event.