- This event has passed.
Who Will Own the Forest 2021 – Episode 1
October 6 @ 10:00 am - 11:15 am
Oct. 6, 13, 20, and 27
Episode 1: Investing Big in Carbon: Can Forests Compete?
October 6, 2021, 10-11:15am PDT
Global capital sources are mobilizing to address climate change at a scale not seen before. With forests representing nearly 75% of the total global natural climate solutions opportunity set, what do these new capital inflows mean for the forest sector and its ability to deliver climate benefits alongside returns and traditional forest products? What attributes are these new timberland investors and forest carbon buyers seeking? How will these new entrants drive and shape forestry and forest carbon offset markets? And what does the forest industry need to do to respond and adapt?
- Moderator: Mark Wishnie, BTG Pactual Timberland Investment Group
- Peter Kelly, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Matthew Potts, University of California, Berkeley
- Ryan Ramsey, StepStone Group
- Tracy Buran Evens, TimberLink