Keynote speaker Nalini M. Nadkarni, Professor of Biology, University of Utah
Join us for the capstone experience to this year’s Starker Lecture Series. Throughout the day, we will explore all aspects of forestry with a focus on women’s leadership and the future of women in the forestry and wood products industry. Activities include:
- A series of panels hosted by women in the forestry and wood products industries will delve into forest foundations, management, community integration, and what the future looks like.
- Time to explore resource booths from vendors.
- A mentor-mentee coffee that will allow space for participants to get together and chat and form new relationships.
- A lunch and keynote from Nalini M. Nadkarni, professor of biology at the University of Utah, canopy study pioneer and creator of TreeTop Barbie.
- Regular Registration: $25
- Student registration: Free
Standard Registration includes morning refreshments, lunch, AM/PM breaks, and all conference-related materials. Scholarships are available if needed, please contact Jessica.Fitzmorris@oregonstate.edu
This lecture is part of the 2022 Starker Lecture Series “Women of Forestry: inspiring leadership.” This year the focuse is on women who act as agents of change within the forestry and forest products sector as well as within their communities. The College of Forestry graduated its first woman student, Pauline Barto Sandoz over 75 years ago. Today, the college celebrates the accomplishments of all women who are students, faculty, and alumni in our community as it strives to become a more inclusive space for all. This series will educate explore the triumphs of women as well as the myriad of challenges they face in forests, mills, research labs and beyond.
The Starker Lectures Series is sponsored by the Starker Family in honor of TJ and Bruce Starker, the Oregon Forest Resources Institute and the Oregon State University College of Forestry.