In this issue, authors discuss the theme of “Fuel Treatments” from a variety of perspectives. Highlighted are landscape approaches to identify where fuel treatments are needed, fuel treatments in Alaska, and the Oregon’s Complete and Coordinated Fire Prevention and Suppression system.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- From Smokey Bear to Smoky Air: Wildland Fire Management at a Crossroads |PDF
- New Approaches Needed to Restore Resilience in our National Forests |PDF
- Fuel Treatments: A Landscape and Multi-resource Problem |PDF
- Fuel Breaks in Alaskan Boreal Forest Save Lives and Property |PDF
- Fire Realities and Next Steps in O&C Lands from a Westside Private Landowner’s Perspective |PDF
- Forest Thinning Reduces Crown Fire Behavior in Interior Alaska |PDF