The summer issue of the Western Forester explores the theme of “Advances in Wood Manufacturing and Use.” Our authors highlight not only the cutting-edge advances that are increasing the use of less desirable tree species, but also how improvements in manufacturing can improve the acoustic experience or meet the firewood needs of the Fairbanks community.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- The Unseen, Ongoing Innovation in the Forest Industry |PDF
- Building Up the Firewood Processing Capacity in Fairbanks |PDF
- A Market for Western Juniper Becoming Realized |PDF
- Portable Sawmilling: A Continually Improving Sawmill Niche |PDF
- Improving the Acoustic Experience |PDF
- A Developing Niche Within the Mass Timber Market |PDF
- Extending the Sustainability of Wood |PDF
- Editor’s Note |PDF