Roads are an essential tool of managing forests. Foresters need them to access stands to inspect forest health or conduct timber sales. Wildland firefighters need roads to reach areas where fires are burning or where prescribed burns may be conducted. And the general public uses roads for recreation purposes. In this issue, authors explore the theme of “Forest Roads” as it relates to management, sediment considerations, and costs.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Forest Roads: A Time for Rethinking our Processes |PDF
- Sediment Yield from Forest Roads: Insights from Recent Research |PDF
- Watershed Restoration and Roads in the Pacific Northwest Region |PDF
- Forest Roads Clean Water Act Case Gets Supreme Court Review |PDF
- An Overview of Managing Rock Costs for Forest Roads |PDF