Biomass has the potential to be a game changer in providing opportunities to fund thinning projects and be a source of renewable energy, yet the potential still remains unrealized. In this issue “Forest Biomass: To Energy and Beyond,” the authors discuss the barriers and opportunities for developing a biomass market in the Pacific Northwest.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- No Hiding in the Woods: Biomass Development Requires Engagement, Integration and Innovation |PDF
- Biomass Power Generation in the PNW Interior: Current Situation, Challenges, and Opportunities |PDF
- Thermal Energy from Biomass: Efficient Conversion for Maximum Value |PDF
- Biochar: A Rediscovered Forest Product Generates a New Industry |PDF
- Forest Biomass and the Federal Energy Policy Disconnect |PDF
- From Wood to Wing: NARA Works to Harness Woody Biomass for Aviation Biofuel |PDF
- An Overview of Biomass in the State of Alaska |PDF