This issue, which focuses on “Student Perspectives” invites students to share their thoughts on forestry and the value of being a member with the Society of American Foresters. Jake Putney opens the issue on why he decided a career in forestry. How forestry can help you grow as a leader is discussed by Jeremy Felty, and Anna Rose Petersen shares how a high school forestry program helped her select a career path.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- What’s a Forest without a Forester? A Student Perspective on the Future |PDF
- The Disconnect Between Natural Resources and Traditional Forestry Degree Programs |PDF
- High School Forestry Program Leads to Career Choice |PDF
- Logging Safety |PDF
- Student Perspective: Leadership in Forestry |PDF
- Why Should Students be in SAF? |PDF
- A New Model for High School Forestry Education in Oregon |PDF