Technology is integral to collecting the on-the-ground data that foresters and natural resources professionals require to effectively manage landscapes. In this issue of the Western Forester “Changing Technology and Mobile Applications,” authors share the latest tools available to improve data collection and decision-making.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Emerging Technologies in Forestry |PDF
- How to Make the Most of Your Mobile Technology Choices |PDF
- Selecting the Best Forestry Related App for Your Phone or Tablet |PDF
- Lidar Sheds New Light on Forest Inventory |PDF
- Case Study: Use of Web Portals to Better Manage Wildfire |PDF
- GIS Mapping Helps US Forest Service Take the Sting Out of Burn Conditions |PDF
- The Buzz About Drones |PDF
- Bringing Growth-and-Yield Online |PDF