The Forest Service’s Forest Inventory and Analysis program provides invaluable data on the state of the nation’s forests, whether private, public, or tribal. In this issue, “FIA in the PNW” authors highlight the research and policy questions that FIA is answering for land managers and foresters in the PNW.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Forest Inventory and Analysis: The Nation’s Forest Inventory Program |PDF
- Is There Anything New to Learn from Inventory? |PDF
- How to Access FIA |PDF
- The Ins and Outs of Estimating Tree Canopy Cover |PDF
- Geospatial Technologies in Support of FIA |PDF
- Reviving an Old Inventory to Understand Changes in Alaska’s Boreal Forests |PDF
- Opportunities Abound for Affordable Mechanical Fuels Treatment in Dry Mixed-Conifer Forests |PDF
- Oregon and Washington Land-Use Change |PDF