As the Baby Boomers transition out of the workplace, who will step up to take their positions? And how can we ensure that their knowledge will pass to the next generation? These are the questions explored in this issue, whose focus is “Baby Boomers.” Authors, some of whom are Baby Boomers, share their experiences and discuss the changing demographics in the forestry profession.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Demographic Trends Pose Challenges and Opportunities for Forestry |PDF
- A Stitch in Time |PDF
- The Generation of Baby Boomer Foresters |PDF
- Silviculture Research: The Intersection of Science and Art Across Generations |PDF
- A Lifetime of Learning |PDF
- Reflections of a Forester |PDF
- The “Next Generation” Views Forest Management Through Different Eyes |PDF
- Time to Fill the Empty Desks |PDF