Feature articles in this issue explore the theme of “Exploring K-12 Forestry Education.” Our authors discuss educational resources, such as Project Learning Tree, that can be used in classrooms, how educators approach teaching forestry, and programming that connects children to the forest.
To receive a print copy of the magazine, become a member of AKSAF, OSAF, or WSSAF today!
Individual articles are accessible in PDF format (requires Acrobat Reader)
- Forest Literacy Plans: A Framework for Teaching About Forests |PDF
- Project Learning Tree: Environmental Education for Now and the Future |PDF
- Exploring Alaska with Project Learning Tree |PDF
- A Teacher’s Perspective of Teaching Forestry in the Classroom |PDF
- Promoting Forestry Education on the Yakama Reservation |PDF
- Reflections on Being a Forest Educator |PDF
- The Forestry Challenge: Connecting High Schoolers to Forestry |PDF
- Engaging in Forestry Education at Starker Forests |PDF
- So You’ve Been Asked to Teach a Classroom |PDF
- Are You Ready to Teach About Forests? |PDF
- Editor’s Note |PDF